DON'T DESTROY YOUR DIES
This Week's Tech Tip Focuses on Easy Steps to Prevent Breaking HD Dies...
We still receive calls regarding HD dies (PRR-10HD & PRR-11HD) breaking, and the cause is almost always due to the alignment. These dies were designed for rivet removal on thicker stacks of material. Although they are heavy duty, if not used properly they may still fail during removal. It is imperative that the proper steps are followed to ensure a clean and correct removal. Ensuring Correct Alignment on the Backside of an SPR During Removal with the PR-5 Riveter is Essential!
Important To Know:
- Before using these dies, be sure to seek proper training from your local Pro Spot representative.
- These new HD dies will ONLY work on the newer generation PR-5 or the Upgraded PR-5 models (with the interchangeable arms). These dies will not fit on the original riveter arm.
- The existing PRR-10 and PRR-11 dies still work on the original PR-5.
- When replacing the PRR-10 with the new PRR-10HD, you must also include the PRR-11HD. Do not combine the two styles of die sets.
- Be sure to remove the PRR-Ext 25 or PRR-EXT 30 extension die before using the new PRR-10HD and PRR-11HD
- These dies were developed to easily remove SPRs, particularly ones installed in thicker stack-ups of material.
- The PRR-10HD has a larger diameter which assists in removing hollow thru-hole SPRs typically used on thicker material stacks.
- The die also includes a spring, which aids in two ways:
- The spring force retracts after the removal process to avoid making a larger hole in the material.
- The spring also helps to center and secure around the rivet for accurate removal.
- PRR-10HD and PRR-11HD Rivet Removal Applications include SPR (Standard) and SPR (Hollow thru-hole).
- Do not use the PRR-10HD and PRR-11HD to remove the following: Flow Form Rivet, Solid Rivet, Blind/Pop Rivet.
Need More Info? Watch These Tutorial Videos
Follow us on Social Media for news, product info and more...
Head to Pro Spot's YouTube Channel For More Tech Tips and Tutorials